No Newb Left Behind:
This system is similar to the Eyes System, however, it is always beneficial to the gamer. No Newb Left Behind can change battle encounters—similar to the Eyes System—but will do so to reduce the amount of battle encounters and can even change the type of battles you will get into. So how come, you may be wondering, are there two different systems that can affect the increasing and decreasing of battle encounters? The answer to that question lies with how the two systems are implemented. The Eyes System only works within other systems, so the entering of the passcode at Vesta Inc. and the switches in the sewers are examples of when the Eyes System will trigger. No Newb Left Behind, however, works all the time. The trigger for this system is when you are having a difficult time with progressing through the game. This system is not an exact science, nor is it a free “win-the-game-no-matter-what” pass. This system will simply evaluate whether or not you are strong enough to complete certain scenes, and will make an attempt to help you. This help comes in the following forms:
- Reduced battle encounters.
- Changed battle formations; instead of going through a battle formation with two enemy opponents, you will only fight one opponent.
- Change in the abilities enemies use; enemies will not use their strongest abilities against you, and many times the abilities they use will be nerfed. This is especially true for boss encounters.
- Change in received rewards, such as chest items or the amount of BP granted to you.
- Change in events and scenes; entire scenes nonrelated to the main storyline can be omitted to allow you a better chance at finishing the scene.
|Vesta Inc. Map|
Knowing about these systems may be helpful in progressing through the JAOD game. For more pro tips about the JAOD Project, visit http://rpgmaker.net/games/3708/Pro_Tips__Guide/